Friday, April 8, 2005

pets



V's kitties Spot & Tiamat, March 2005

V has no image hosting for his blog to show pictures of his cute kitties, so I proudly display them here ^o^

My mom didn't allow pets other than fish. She always kept the house spotlessly neat and clean; pets just meant more work for her. Many parents probably trust their kids with pets and see it as a way to learn responsibility. My mom only had us feed the fish, and sometimes not even that. She took care of the tank and everything else. The short lifespan of goldfish meant we only had pets for 2 years.

Even on my own now, I still don't have a pet. Aside from having lived in a spotless house rubbing off on me and thus thinking pets would be too messy, I'd have a hard time dealing with the death issue. I know some cats can live more than 20 years, but that's not enough. My daily life would also become less flexible and I'd worry about the pet all the time.

I'll just have fun with other people's pets instead.

No comments: