Friday, August 26, 2005

organized?

The last 2 days of posts from my east coast trip are written... *and* I finished organizing all the pictures from that week as well... yay!!

Next organizational task... updating my address book. The last time I went through and updated was 2003... so sad. It seems that I can never find a lack of things to organize. I still have in the chain: my anime collection (transfer from CD to DVD, finish downloading series that are left half-done, etc), my harddrive (backing up things, burning and clearing things off), my pre-digicam photos dating all the way back to pre-1998 (scanning them in and sorting), all my momentos stored up since 1998 (this is going to take years, probably)... and many others.

I finally "formally" introduced myself to our neighbor the other day. Our previous neighbor was a really nice old lady (I'm pretty sure she was retired... but "old lady" just sounds wrong for some reason). We usually talked about inconsequential things, but I did find out that she had worked as a nurse on a cruise ship for several years at some point in time. That sounds like a cool job... constantly traveling to pretty places. Anyways, our new neighbor is on the other extreme age-wise. She's about our age, ie. just finished her Masters. K went to say 'hi' very soon after we moved in, but I just kept delaying. And then I saw her when I came home the other day and we waved to each other; so, I thought I should actually go by. She seems really nice. She's Korean and somewhere along the way, we talked about Korean dramas. She even offered to lend me a couple that her friend gave to her ^o^

Drama...
All About Eve
Started: July 17th
Finished: July 28th
MBC 2000, 20 episodes

Cast:
Jang Dong Gun (Yun Hyong-chul)
Chae Rim (as Jin Sun-mi)
Kim So Yeon (as Huh Young-mi)
Han Jae Suk (as Kim Woo-jin)
This one was much slower paced than others we've watched... almost to the point of being relaxing (is that possible?). I did feel frustrated during quite a bit of it though... people being deceived over and over again is just disheartening to watch. The ending is one of the better endings I've seen... I mean, it makes logical sense and is 'good' in most ways. K complains about really abrupt or short endings and this was the exact opposite with plenty of time to close it all (fits in with the overall slower pace I suppose). Oh, and Chae Rim is the only actress I've seen that I can describe as "cute"... it probably has a lot to do with her character in this drama though.


Huanzhu Gege II
Started: April 3rd
Finished: Aug 9th
48 episodes
Cast: Alec Su, Vicki Zhao, Ruby Lin

This was looooooong. 48 episodes of Qiong Yao is maybe just a bit too much... and it's of course always tough to make a good sequel. I really felt like this was drawn out and some of the things she has the hzgg getting into were just too crazy/wacko. I guess K's right about the "over-acting", too. I watched it in bits over the course of 4 months... plenty of time to absorb it all!

On to new dramas...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but the real question is... is your korean neighbor hot?

me! said...

...she's fairly pretty? ^_~ and has good fashion sense (unlike me)