Friday, January 5, 2007

home #2 for a few days

Yep, still the psychologist/listener for both my mom and dad, separately, of course. Sigh.

My dad is still swimming in the pool everyday (30-some degrees outside). D looked it up and apparently my dad isn't totally crazy... there are supposed to be health benefits to "winter swimming". He's lost over 20 pounds and no more big belly, so I guess I'm proud of him. Whatever works.

My mom is funky as always. Don't eat too much food that's been microwaved because the microwave sucks out all the nutrients (though she doesn't realize that simply cooking your food on the stove does this).

Lots of sleep... way over what I would need, minor jetlag, I think.

DDR... the hookup is still here from last year and my dad says he plays for a bit after he does his swimming. DDR on a big screen with pads that don't shift as you play... yay! R is crazy good now... well, much better than I am (probably even 'or ever was'). He usually plays on heavy with the extra option of arrows accelerated 1.5x when they approach the top of the screen. He also does pretty well on funky songs that have "non-arrows", i.e. you lose life if you step on the "non-arrow", or songs that require both feet and hands (no way to get all the arrows otherwise).

No comments: