After all the weekends [and weeks] of rain (we're not in Seattle, are we?), we finally got a nice, sunny weekend. Though a bit breezy, go go biking! Being that I seemed to have caught K's cold after successfully battling it the whole week and we lost an hour last night from daylight savings, I didn't get up 'till late late... so we didn't get out 'till late late... so we (I) decided to do the same path as last time. We didn't get to do the whole path though; we wanted to get back before the sun set. But, at least we finally got to go out! Yay!
K says I had some funky maneuvers today. He meant it as a compliment, but I thought he was referring to me not having very good control of the bike at times... I was trying to ride with only one hand on the handlebars every now and then, and not doing it very well either. I think I almost scared this one biker coming at me from the other direction. What K was actually referring to was this one section. We were nearing an intersection where we had to turn right and cross the street and there was a wooden pole near the end of the sidewalk. K was walking his bike and I was riding mine. I fully expected him to get on his bike and ride to the left of the pole (since he was walking on the left side of the sidewalk), and I would follow. But as I neared him, I realized he wasn't getting on his bike! I managed to somehow maneuver to the right of the pole, make the little ramp down the sidewalk, turn right, and cross the street. I expected to crash and fall somewhere. Phew!
Almost two handfuls the number of times I've been on a bike now. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment