I read on the 'sleeping in airports' site that Helsinki Airport was a good airport to sleep in. We saw a bunch of people in Athens airport with sleeping bags and such, but here at Helsinki, you don't even need a sleeping bag. The seats are perfect for sleeping on -- well-cushioned and no armrests or gaps between connecting seats. Not only that, but they turn out the lights in the check-in area, so there's little ambient light to disturb your quality of sleep (and no middle-of-the-night announcements either). By the time we arrived (nearly 2am), the check-in area was pretty much full, but I did manage to find probably the last set of three connecting seats. Using K's fluffy jacket as a pillow and bundled up in my own jacket, I slept for a few hours until the lights turned on and the airport 'woke up'. Our check-in counter was still unmanned, so I joined K at the cafe.
Helsinki to a connection in Dusseldorf to Zurich. Air Berlin served drinks and a sandwich on both legs of the flight ^-^ Everything balances out... our suitcase was the 2nd one of the shoot at Zurich at the start of our trip months ago; this time, it was the 2nd to *last* one out of the shoot ^-^''
Rather than playing the standard "ding" to indicate a stop has been reached, the shuttle line that runs between the different terminals in the Zurich airport plays "mooo". Also, you can "watch" the various Swiss mountains "passing by" as you look out the shuttle "windows" ^-^
Our apartment is a 6-bed, 3-bath, much further out of the center this time. K's commute is going to be half an hour or so on the tram. The nearest grocery that I could find is a few tram stops away and it closes at 7pm. By the time we got to the apartment, ate a late lunch, and settled in, I was tired again. K napped and I fell in right after him, not waking up until after 7pm. Remembering the Migros in the train station was open during a holiday day last time when all the other groceries were closed, and knowing that shops in train stations don't have to follow the 'shops must close by 8pm' law, I took the tram all the way to the train station. Migros is open until 9pm ^-^
No comments:
Post a Comment