So, silver line direct to red line to central sq to C's place. I packed my bag for S's and closed my eyes at 7am for a short nap. I missed the 9am alarm, ended up waking up after 10am, and caught the 12 noon bus to Providence.
S picked me up from the bus station and we headed to her place for a bit. The choice of fun was narrowed down to either beach or country fair, and we chose through randomness to go to the beach (ah, decisiveness). After stopping by Whole Foods to grab some lunch and snacks, we made the 1 hour drive out the beach. The walking path out to the beach was short and interesting. The path was surrounded by high bushes and the beach not visible at first… just when all hope seems lost (did I go the wrong way?), the ocean starts coming into view.
After eating for a bit, we walked along the shore until the sand next to the water was all covered in rocks and shells and impossible to comfortably step. The rest of the afternoon and early evening was sitting on the blanket we laid out, chatting, reading, and watching the waves.

It was the first time I’d been to a beach since probably middle school. I never remembered really enjoying the beach, but I discovered this day that there’s something almost nostalgic about lying lazily in the sun (with sunscreen, of course) in good company and listening to the never-ending waves crash against the shore. Or standing by the water, letting the cold waves rush over my skin, my feet sinking in the sand.
Dinner was at a restaurant next to the beach called Olympia Tea. The two of us shared a mojito, spinach salad, seafood casserole, and brownie a la mode. Good meal ^o^
No comments:
Post a Comment