Friday, July 15, 2005

pre-wedding family fun

Yep, I haven't written in a while... AND I'm back posting this (sorry, blog). Work was busy for the 1 1/2 weeks after we moved... not enough $$ budgeted + lots to get done makes for interesting and hectic work days. And then there was my cousin's wedding... well, pre-wedding...

I flew out to Cincinnati, Ohio on a late Wednesday night red-eye flight. This flight was the worst I've ever had; it had nothing to do with the actual flight itself though. Wars were being waged in my stomach all day and I thought I was better by the flight time. Unfortunately not. I didn't get more than a few minutes sleep on the first leg of the trip... just stomach pain and nausea - not fun. It was probably leftover stomach problems + tiredness + hunger + dead immune system that did overkill on me. I managed to get an hour of shut-eye on the connecting flight though.

Arrived at CVG (which is in Kentucky!) at 9am, picked up my rental car, and drove to my cousin's new house... a good size 3 bedroom/2 bath for $150K... wish we would see those home prices out here! My 2 gooma's were already busy in the kitchen; the older one was trying to make 'american' pancakes via trial and error :-/ I ate, hung out a bit, napped a bit, and then headed back to the airport to pick up R (flying in from Illinois), D (flying in from NJ), and my cousin J (flying in from Boston).

The rest of the day was just randomness - played Cranium, played DDR, chatted, etc. Oh, and L and his bride-to-be J cooked dinner for 15 of us:


Friday - Picked up my dad, uncle Billy, and uncle Jason from the airport. Everyone in the bridal party had to go to rehearsal and then all the adults also left to attend the rehearsal dinner. So the rest of us (D, R, J, R, R, & N) went out... bowling, mall, dinner (and takeout dessert) at Cheesecake Factory (they're everywhere, aren't they?). My bowling scores are still abysmal - 68 & 70. We returned to a half-drunk L playing poker with his friends (night before his wedding day). And what was dessert? Choco chip cookie dough cheesecake slice and a small pie of strawberry cheesecake.

No comments: